Monday, July 22, 2013

Star Surround Quilt A Long

This is a really great quilt a long hosted by Melissa and found here.  She has a great design with various size options.  I will be doing a combination of 2 of the size options which will end up being 48 x 64 and 12 fat quarters.  I have adjusted her cutting instructions to include the additional blocks I will be doing.  My fabric selection is shown below, it's the line Avalon by Fig Tree Quilts.


Still haven't decided on the background fabric but I will choose between Moda White Bleached 97, Moda Snow or Moda Porcelain.  Right now I'm thinking the Snow may be too close to the yellow above, but I will see.

I'm also thinking the colour selection would allow me to use as a Christmas quilt for my daughter's bed.

ETA:  Finished cutting.  I had to do extra because I'm using 12 fat quarters.  My background fabric is cut as follows:

  72 - 3" x 3" squares
144 - 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" squares
144 - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" squares


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. So pretty!! This is just going to be so fun, and it sounds like a good little way to make your stuff work, Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabrics! I'm still thinking about this one. I'm soooo slow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to follow your progress on this. It's going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ava,
    that looks like a fun QAL! I'm sure your quilt will be beautiful.
    Thank you very much for your nice comment on my blog. I wanted to answer you by mail, but you are a no-reply blogger. So I came for a visit. :-)
    Steffi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! I just love Avalon. This is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clicked over from Happy Quilting to say your fabric is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that collection! I can't wait to see your blocks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ava,
    GREAT COLORS!
    Greetings from Italy, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful fabric, they will make neat blocks!

    ReplyDelete