Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Coaster Swap

So, I took part in the Coaster Swap held over at Quilting Gallery.  My partner is the lovely Deborah from Italy.   I quickly snapped a few pictures before going to the post office to mail out.  I figured this would be a good time to practice my hand quilting especially since they are so small.  They finish at 4 1/2 inches.  My sewing machine has a beautiful blanket stitch but I could not figure out how to use it so I just did it by hand.











Linking up to Quilt Story, WIP Wednesday and Finish it Up Friday.

11 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the ladybug. Wait, no I love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. Personally, I could not set anything on them. They are works of art, rising above resting my sweaty glass of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your dragonfly and ladybug are gorgeous. I'm busy blanket stitching my latest project by hand too, only cos I thought the machine stitched version was too large for the pieces I'm appliquing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little coaster. Especially the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be your partner!!! So cute!! Love them all and the applique was perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet coasters! Love the ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love those little buggies! Especially the ladybug and dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable! Love the fat little bird! Oh the dragonfly and butterfly are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh Ava thanks, i love this sweet coasters!
    I can not wait to receive them.
    Greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete